In today’s media-driven youth culture, we are beginning to face complex issues affecting today’s teens. The “old ways” of reaching teens in Christian churches are becoming obsolete. Times are changing and so are we, we look to cater these young and bright individuals with an open and honest approach as they thrive in these environments.
- Teens desire an environment in which they feel safe to share their thoughts, ideas, and opinions.
- Let’s face it, teens are brutally honest. They like to ask the questions us adults don’t put much focus on.
- Teens may even wish to challenge the message of the day, which in turn can lead into deep discussions
- Teens want to relate. Plain and simple. How can we curate the message of the day to reach these developing young adults?
What happens after these teens begin to embark on their life path? Establishing and maintaining a deep rooted teen church isn’t an end in itself. As many youths who find their identity in teen church fail to make the transition to the larger fellowship, the level of relatability changes. It is a tedious process, but well worth it for these teens to grow and thrive!
Chaplaincy to the Kerala Community in the Syro-Malabar liturgy in the Malayalam language
- Masses each Sunday at 4.30pm.
- 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month Catechism at 3.00pm followed by Mass at 4.30pm